After we had worked in the dirt all day, preparing the boxes, we came in and started seeds from my birthday seed package.
- 20 heirloom tomatoes (Omar's lebanese red, Dutchman pink, Djena lee's Golden Girl orange, Golden sunburst yellow, Aunt Ruby's German Green, and Black Russian)
- 20 Cherokee Purple tomatoes (these were by far the best 2 years back)
- 9 green husk tomatillos
- 9 jalapeno peppers
- 9 California Wonder bell peppers
- 6 Jubilee watermelon
- 10 Ghostly white pumpkin
- 10 Big Max pumpkin
- 10 Waltham Butternut squash
- 10 Early Prolific Straightneck squash
- 5 pods of Cilantro
- 3 pods of Basil
- 3 pods of oregano
Along with all of those that we are starting indoors now we have :
- 2 varieties of snow peas,
- 2 varieties of cucumbers
- Cylindra beets
- Kaleidoscope carrots
- Imperator carrots
- Onion sets (already in the ground from last fall)
- garlic (already in the ground from last fall)
This is a fun time of year and it is great to see the kids so excited about seeing things grow.
The only problem is that I am going to have to get another set of grow lights to support their (my) habit!.